Cowboy Caviar Recipe to have an amazing southern favorite. Regardless of whether you’re a southerner or otherwise you will love this particular recipe.
Cowboy caviar is a healthy recipe, which contains black-eyed peas, black beans, and a pile of chopped fresh veggies in a sweet and spicy dressing that just really hits the spot. Chopped bell peppers, cilantro, beans, sweet corn and lots of super healthy and natural ingredients. The cowboy caviar recipe is easy to make, vegan and delicious.
This Cowboy Caviar recipe calls for extra sweet corn, black beans, black eyed peas, roma tomatoes, red and green bell peppers, a red onion, and a handful of other goodness in the way of seasonings. This recipe asks for 1/2 cup of each of the types of bell peppers, but Meggan mentions that if you don’t think you’d use the rest of the peppers for other things, you can just pick one of the colors and use a whole pepper.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 pound Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can super sweet corn, drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (1 bunch)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Large Organic Avocado
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, chili powder and lime juice. Add tomatoes, black-eyed peas, beans, corn, red onion, and bell peppers. Stir to combine.
- Stir in cilantro. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or overnight to blend flavors. Right before serving chop and add avocado. Serve chilled or at room temperature.