Candy has always been a traditional part of Christmas celebrations.
Christmas Candy Recipes Treat family and friends to homemade candy this holiday season with these favorite Christmas candy recipes. Choose from this collection of the easiest recipes for chocolate bark, fudge, truffles, caramel corn, and more sweet homemade holiday treats and make beautiful Christmas candy without ever discussing candy thermometers, soft-ball stages, and atmospheric humidity levels.
Preparing Christmas candy is among the most important activity done by family members on Christmas days. People love Christmas candy during the holiday season because these have many good uses. Aside from eating it, one may also consider giving Christmas candy as gifts. It’s great fun to make Christmas candy as most homemade candy lasts quite a while, and has the added benefit of being customized. The recipes can be adjusted towards the individual taste of the intended recipient.
Christmas Candy Cane Recipe
- 3 c Sugar
- 1 ts Peppermint flavoring
- 1/2 c Water
- 3/4 c Lt. corn syrup
- 3/4 ts Red vegetable coloring
- 1/4 ts Cream of tartar
The sugar, water, syrup, and cream of tartar you combine and heat till the sugar’s dissolved real fine. Divide into two saucepans, boil, but don’t stir, please, until each lot is 280F. Add 1/2 ts peppermint to each lot and add the coloring to one, the other not: place on an enamel or marble table to cool. (First oiling the table, as a general rule). Like taffy you stretch and pull and form into ropes of red and white, now twist them around again and again. And form them into your candy cane. Now on an oiled surface you allow them to harden.
Christmas Breadstick Candy Recipe
- Quarter tea spoon of salt
- One tea spoon of Parmesan or Romano Cheese
- 10 ounce of Puff Pastry Sheets
- One Tea spoon of Poppy seeds, cumin, caraway, sesame seed (Optional, as per your taste)
- Oven should be preheated to 350 degrees and then unroll the baking sheet with some oil.
- Salt and cheese should be brushed over the top of the puff pastry dough.
- The Pastry sheets should be cut down into thin and long slices. These slices should be twisted to get swirled pattern. Long strips should be shaped like candy cane and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake these strips for about 10 to 15 minutes until it turns light gold in color.
- For better look and taste, you can spray some poppy seeds or other seeds, salt and cheese can be added as per the taste.
- For the style, you can use red and white platters to serve this breadsticks, tall glass or vase are also very good options if it is available with you.